Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I have a camera again!!!!!

I've been without a SLR camera for nearly 3 months since my gear was stolen in Colombia in January. Needless to say, I was pretty darn excited when my insurance check showed up 3 weeks ago and even more thrilled when my new gear from Nikon was delivered last week. No more rental gear--no more guesswork about what next.

Since my old kit was Canon, I'm learning how to operate all of the controls of the new devices...and believe me...there are a lot of functions to learn, the manual is over 400 pages. The key difference is that what slided left on the Canon, slides right on the Nikon, including the mast basic function of screwing on a lens or adjusting exposure compensation. So if you see a tall white guy wandering around the streets of Seattle cursing at a fancy looking camera, it's probably me.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment