Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sessions in Olympic National Park


I've been in Olympic National Park on Washington State's western coast for the past few days. It's been a wild ride attempting to document the emergence of the adventure sports scene out here while dealing with serious winter storm and snow conditions. Mountain biking, river kayaking, surfing, sea kayaking, hiking, kite boarding, you name it, I've been shooting it.

One of my favorite areas in the world is the Quinault/Queets/Hoh rain forest tract. It's home to some of the most ancient and spectacular trees on the planet and one of only 3 temperate rain forests in the world--absolutely stunning stuff. The Qunault Lodge has taken good care of me--letting me bascamp in the heart of the forest while I make pictures of the region. Please check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment