Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Paris Roubaix Cyclo for Weekend Warriors

The Paris Roubaix is one of my fav. events in pro cycling.  Once every two years, the route opens to euro-weekend warriors who want to experience what the pros have dubbed "The Hell of the North." The 260 km route travels over 50-80 kms of arse-numbing cobblestones. 

I made photos of my buddy Horst and his Swiss cycling posse during the weekend warrior/Cyclo ride this past Sunday and think that I learned every four-letter word in the Spanish, German, French, Italian, etc, etc, dictionaries while shooting a famously cobbled Le Carrefour de l'Arbre section.  It was a great event to watch and something that I'd recommend highly to those who really want to beat the hell out of themselves on two-wheels.  Those cobbles put a serious hurt on participants.





No comments:

Post a Comment